samedi 27 décembre 2014

Modular Phone Ara Discussion topic






So, Ara has been in the talks, I'm debating on getting it, or Wait... should I just not?

Do we, XDA, as a community think that modularity has a tried and True chance?

I see it going downhill.
It's too costworthy, and I've had discussions with a buddy who has strong belief in Modular things, from household products, to a Smart TVs he's been designing himself from scratch.
We've argued a bit until we did serious research.
The cost of these cameras, speakers, & batteries are ranging heavily. We're talking in the 0+ range. For a successful camera to work, tons of money in scrap development.
I decided on my opinion being that the phone market will gradually slow down in the future.
But really, Sony, Kyocera, & all these other companies really haven't any time for playtime. They want to make their own devices.

My buddies conclusion came to NO. Flat No, it's never really going to be a thing that works on phones. I've been in the Modulator Life long enough to say that %90 things won't need it.
It's pointless, people enjoy True change, not minor fixes to the old blues.

What are your opinions?
Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Free mobile app






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire