samedi 27 décembre 2014

Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case For The Nexus 5 Review topic






Link to purchase: http://mugen.co/mugen-power-3000mah-...g-nexus-5.html
Price: 3 AUD (.50 USD)
Pictures: http://imgur.com/BHW2H9x,mlPPPfB,r5F...lPD2,062nnkd#0

So recently ive been given the oppurtunity to test and review the Mugen Power 3000 mAh battery case. Here are my thoughts.

First: The case design. The case is black/dark gray in colour (same as the nexus 5) and has a soft touch matte back which is very touch sensitive (also similar to the nexus 5). I find this a nice addition to the case as the feeling is the same as the phone bare. The case is also has a nice curve to the back and when held fits perfectly into my hand and is also quite grippy. The phone is well protected on the back, however it has no protection at all to the front portion of the phone leaving the screen vulnerable. The case is quite bulky but this didnt bother me as i got better grip (I could still use the phone well with one hand). I also found it to be quite light considering its a battery case. All ports and buttons on the case are easily accessible but the power button is a bit hard to press due to the border of the case. The phone fits into the case well and is held tightly, and can be removed with ease.

Now for the battery part. The additional battery is 3000 mAh and the phone itself is 2300 mAh. The case charges the phone through a small usb port held at the bottom. I found this quite handy because I could also charge my other devices with the case. Ive tested the battery for a couple of days now, and after a full charge of the case, the case can charge the phone to approximately 105% (From 0% - 100%, then 0% - 5%). The case charged surprisingly fast compared to my charger, charging at ~1% per minute (I dont know if the case charges fast or if my charger is crap, or maybe a mix of both lol). On moderate usage without the case, my phone would last around a day with 2-4 hours SOT, but with the case my phone was able to last over 2 days with around 4-6+ hours SOT. The case does take quite a while to fully charge, more than the phone charge time. Sometimes when im using my phone heavily and charging my phone, the case gets quite hot around the bottom, but this didnt bother me too much.

TL:DR;

Overall, I found this case to be quite cool considering the long battery times and the nice design for a bulky case. Even for the somewhat high price, it's definitely worth it.

Pros -
+++ Great battery life, gives over a full charge
++ Nice design and feel, grippy aswell
+ Charge other devices

Cons -
-- No Front protection
- Bulky
- Price

Here are a couple of pictures in case you missed them






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire