jeudi 25 décembre 2014

GT-S6310N bricked during root? topic






Hi,

I was following the instructions at rootmyandroid dot org/how-to-root-unroot-samsung-galaxy-young.html (sorry the forum won't allow me to post a direct link) to root my GT-S6310N, specifically the part after "rooting the GT-S6310N". The rest of the article talks about just S6310 without the "N", so I thought that'd be the instructions I should follow. Above it it also says "Only For Samsung Galaxy Young S6301 Owners", so it might have been the wrong process after all..?

Regardless, as per the instructions, I installed Odin 3.07, booted into Download Mode, ran Odin, and it reported a success (see attached screenshot). The device then booted as normal on its own, and when done, I did a normal shutdown, and booted into Recovery Mode. At this point I realized I don't have a microSD card in the device for the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip" file, so I selected "reboot" and the device again booted normally.

At this point I opened up the plastic back cover of the phone, and to my dismay, the battery fell out. I didn't think anything of it, and proceeded to look for a microSD card I could use. I didn't in fact find one, so I thought I'd boot the device up and figure out something else. But after carefully placing the battery and back cover back on, the device won't power up anymore. It won't vibrate, the display doesn't come on, nothing. If I plug it into a power outlet it doesn't show any signs of life. None of the Download/Recovery mode key combos work, either. Odin doesn't react to the device being plugged in in any way.

I guess I'm already willing to accept I managed to brick the device, but since I've successfully rooted 3 or 4 ones before, I'd like to at least understand what I did wrong. I've been under the impression that while many things can (and will) go wrong during rooting/CWM installation, most situations are recoverable (I've gotten devices e.g. stuck to a boot loop before).

At first I was convinced there must have been some physical damage done to the phone/battery when I opened the back cover, but after a careful inspection I can't see anything wrong with it. I've tried putting it back together at least 5 times. Also it should be noted that the battery fell out onto a soft couch, so I'm pretty sure it's not damaged in any way.

Any pointers welcome as to what went wrong and/or something I could still try. :/








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	odin.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	119.5 KB<br/>ID:	3081737
 

















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire