samedi 27 décembre 2014

[Q] A few questions before I dive... topic






First of all, this is one of my first few posts, so forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

The backstory:
I just recently bought an HTC One M8 (AT&T) and had it unlocked via AT&T to put on T-Mobile. Literally everything works besides MMS. I've tried APN settings every way that I could, and nothing. I've done some research and found that if I'm having this problem, it has something to do with the AT&T service that the phone was on. I did a factory reset on it and then re-did the APN settings again, but still no avail. I did some MORE reading and found that rooted devices don't have this issue, for whatever reason. So, now I'm looking into that. However, I don't want to brick the thing because I just got it.
I have a couple questions before I dive any deeper into the rooting and/or flashing a 5.0.1(I think) GPE, if I'm even going to.

First of all, how easy is it to brick Android phones nowadays? I've got a friend who gets a new device simply to tinker with and he said it's not terribly difficult unless you're really dumb. I've rooted and flashed a new firmware on my Kindle Fire, and it works like a charm, so I'm not completely new to the scene.

Second, I found this tutorial... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799796
And it seems to be the one that I'm going to follow. But do I need to S-Off first?
Second a, If I do, how? Firewater seems to be dead and Sunshine I have to pay for, which I would like to avoid, though I'm not completely opposed.

Second b, is Sunshine any more safe than Firewater?
Third, is there any more info you need from me? If there is, I can post within.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire