jeudi 25 décembre 2014

[Q] Flashing Black Lines in TF700 topic






I know this is an old recognized issues from a lot of users based on my extensive search of the forums here, but I only found a few tentative options, and I'm looking for some confirmation since the build number I'm on wasn't really mentioned. Bear with me, my expertise is not in Android, so some of these questions may sound a little simple.

I purchased the TF700 on Amazon for 9, seemed a steal, based on reviews and what everyone here has been able to do with custom roms and the great benchmark figures. I set up the tablet, and immediately went for upgrading to JB because it's supposedly more stable than ICS. I disabled all the Asus bloatware, rooted it, put browser2ram on it, greenify, and it just whizzed along, except for the lag when you open apps, especially after having first downloaded them, but that could be because I had CleanMaster and CM Security on there, and those apps scan downloaded apps to make sure they're safe, right?

So I'm chatting in Hangouts with someone and I see this black line flicker on my screen and then disappear, about 1/32" wide, just for a split second. Then later I'm in CM Browser and it happens again. A few minutes later, again. It seems to be most visible when the app in focus has a light background, but if you want to really see it act up, set the 'Black Hole' live wallpaper as your home screen wallpaper, and then turn it to landscape orientation.

I contacted Asus, they said 'reset the device' so I did, and when it came back up, it was still there, but the Asus rep was not, they hung up on me. So I contact them again, and that rep says 'send it back and I assure you it will be resolved'. I know in this thread that RMA'ing the device did not fix it. So... it's not that big of a deal, but it is annoying, and I've got a SQ Trade ADH warranty on it (currently waiting to hear back if unlocking and custom roms void the warranty), and if it doesn't void that warranty, I'll be choosing a following path, and I'm wondering if any of you have taken any of these paths, or know if they can or cannot be done.

First, I'm on build 10.6.1.14.10.

1. Do any of you have the black flickering lines, and if so, what build are you on?
2. Have any of you downgraded 10.6.1.14.10 to ICS, and if so, do you have black lines flickering?
2b. If you downgrade to ICS, is it possible to upgrade back to JB 4.2.1?
2c. Is this how you did it? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1925230
3. I understand from here: TransformerForums (DroidBound) "The only combination I don't have the black lines is with CROMi-X 4.7+ and Max's kernel RC3. They are still there running CROMi-X with _that's v4 kernel, which is a modded stock kernel (actually, so is Max's kernel - hmmm). Which sucks because that is the kernel I prefer." --- Are any of you running CROMi-X with Max's kernel, and if so do you have black lines flickering?
4. If you don't have flickering black lines, what custom rom/stock rom and build number are you on?






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire