samedi 27 décembre 2014

[Q] Text-to-Speech (TTS) Not Working / Failed to Initialize topic






Hey Guys -

I've got an AT&T HTC One (M7) which has ViperONE 7.01 (4.4.4) installed and is rooted. Due to a recent bug where there was no sound in calls, I wiped then reinstalled the ROM but eventually found out the cause and applied the fix.

I'm a big user of Tasker & EventGhost and this morning decided to dive into the AutoVoice app / plug-in. I've enjoy all of the Joaoapps apps so was excited to use it.

My Issue
When going through a tutorial where you speak your name and the phone replies back to you saying your name, I got the error: "TTS Initialization Failed." I went into Settings / Accessability / Text-to-speech Output where it listed Google's Text-to-speech as the currently selected engine but all options were greyed out. The last option, "Default Language status" was the only one not greyed out but had a status of "Checking" and touching it didn't do anything.

What I've Tried to Fix Issue
I think I've had this error before, but I forgot what I had to do to fix it. I think it was something easy. I searched for about 20 minutes online, tried a few things, but still haven't found anything that will work. Below's what I've tried so far:
- Rebooted phone
- Cleared cache for Google TTS
- Uninstalled Google TTS & Rebooted - Once back up, I go to TTS in Setttings, it doesn't show Google TTS anymore, but everything's still greyed out and not working

Any ideas? Thanks!






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire