jeudi 25 décembre 2014

Reversing Pattern/Password/PIN encryption on Lollipop topic






Hi all,
Everywhere I looked online said that the only way to reverse encryption is to factory wipe. Yet, today, when I went to change my lock screen pattern, I was offered the option to choose whether I still wanted to encrypt my phone with this pattern. I chose no, for the heck of it, and on reboot, it didn't take me to the decryption screen. Went straight to Android.
I'm guessing that the encryption is still there, but it's somehow just bypassing it. Any ideas?

This is on Stock Lollipop 5.0.1 with no root

EDIT : My phone's encryption status still says "Encrypted" even though it doesn't ask me for a pattern








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-25-19-15-55.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	138.8 KB<br/>ID:	3081206
 

















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire