jeudi 25 décembre 2014

Porting Firefox OS to FP1 topic






Continuing the discussion from Firefox OS is the way to go!

Hi guys!

I am new to xda-devs, but have been visiting it for useful information in the past.
I own a FP1 (First Edition) and am seeking to port FFOS to the FP1.
I do not have any developing experience, I have just done C and Java and I am comfortable with Linux's CLI.

- I am following this guide: Porting Firefox OS
- Currently I am stuck at the following: Create a manifest for the new device.
- Which changes do I have to make to the hamachi manifest mentioned there?
- What do I insert at the *device specific things* for "path", "name" and "revision"?
- (I assume I can leave the other parts (like Stock Android things) as they are?)

These files are at hand:

Quote:










Originally Posted by madde, post:9, topic:3116


Well there already is a recovery file for the fp1 + fp1u by chrmhoffmann up and running. The MTK6589 source code is kind of released and there has been a lot of work on the android code by the omnirom project, which might come in handy.

Should be definitely manageable to build and try out Firefox OS on the FP1. UnfortunatelyI'll just don't have the time to really dig into that. Maybe someone with a bit more experience can give it a shot. I'd love to see and try out the result...





I am inviting @Madde, I hope you, or others, can help me out.

Cheers, Stefan

PS.: As I am new to xda-devs, I do not know, if my thread is in the right position and/or tagged correctly. Please give some advice on how to improve my original post.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire