jeudi 25 décembre 2014

[Q] Boot and aboot partitions... topic






Hi there and Merry Christmas.

I recently acquired a OnePlus One and I'm trying to understand it's boot process (every detail!).
There are 2 partitions, the boot and aboot. I copied them both to my computer.
I extracted the zImage and the Ramdisk from the boot partition.

Now what I don't understand is:

Is every boot partition having the same layout (Like ANDROID! header and such, or is that only the Little Kernel?)
When the phone is booting, what happens? What instructions does the processor run first? And how does it know?
How does it know how to extract the zImage, what is that zImage actually? Is it the same as the system kernel? Or is it a temp. kernel? Or is it only little kernel?...
Ramdisk is just a bunch of init scripts and init images and stuff, I suppose the processor loads the kernel which on turn activates the scripts?
But how? :)

And where does the aboot partition come into place?
There are no relations between boot and aboot as far as I can see?

There is also a init ELF executable in the Ramdisk, where can I find the source? Is it part of Little Kernel, or does the ramdisk
has nothing to do with it?

I know this thread is chaotic and excuse me for that :).

But my head is going to explode!






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire