jeudi 25 décembre 2014

[Q] Need help with updating my M7 topic






Hey guys,

About a year ago, I decided that I wanted to try Cyanogenmod on my HTC one M7 (international).
Thus I unlocked my bootloader, rooted, and installed Cyanogenmod. It was a very new old version (10.2 or something), but I still liked it more than Sense.

Fast forward to last week, when someone gave me a Chromecast, which did not work with my phone because of a lack of Google services.
Since then I have been trying to figure out how to update my phone in order to install a newer rom on it, because it cannot install Cyanogenmod 11.x.
I think it has to do with my very old firmware (1.44.0000).

The first problem that I run in to is that abd does not detect the M7.
I first tried on a Windows 8.1 PC, but like others that did not work. On a Windows 7 PC it does get detected, with Android 1.0 drivers, but it still does not show up in adb (using the command "adb devices").
There are a lot of threads about phones not being detected, but I cannot find one where a phone does get detected in Windows with Android 1.0 drivers, but not in adb.

My second problem is with what it is exactly that I need to do in order to install a much newer Rom.
This is what I think I need to do, is it correct?

Step 1, install an old rom that works with the old firmware (I can do this without adb, using a USB OTG tranfer cable)
Step 2, get S-Off using Revone
Step 3, Install the newest Hboot using adb (to do this my phone needs to be detected)
Step 4, Install the new rom

Thanks for your help,
Sahrum






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire